Why Detox is an Essential First Step
New Start Detox is an excellent first step in recovering from chemical dependence before transitioning to a residential treatment program. When someone who is physically dependent on alcohol or drugs tries to stop using, withdrawal symptoms will begin and increase in intensity before tapering off.
After a time spent abusing drugs or alcohol, the brain and body become accustomed to operating with a certain amount of the substance; physically activating cycles of tolerance and dependence. Using becomes less about the effect, and more about keeping withdrawal symptoms at bay, which can be uncomfortable and potentially dangerous. Physical dependence compromises an individual’s ability to voluntarily stop using, and trying to quit alone can be potentially life-threatening. Addicts don’t necessarily continue their habit due to selfishness or lack of desire to achieve sobriety, but simply because quitting is not an option without the supervision necessary to make sobriety possible.
- We treat each client with safety, comfort, support, and respect. We offer customized treatment plans tailored to each client’s situation. Our high-quality care in a stress-free environment provides clients with peace of mind during the recovery process.
- We work with qualified, well-renowned physicians specializing in addiction recovery. Our dynamic 29-person staff also includes certified case managers and licensed clinical psychologists dedicated to getting to the core of your disease. Our entire team understands and addresses our patient’s needs throughout their addiction treatment.
- Our 24-7 engagement with clients during treatment sets us apart from other facilities. When necessary, we provide medications to ease discomfort and minimize withdrawal symptoms during detox. We closely monitor our patients while also ensuring we don’t over-medicate them in the process.
- Because your safety is our primary concern, everyone on our staff is CPR-trained. Vitals and blood pressure are frequently checked to ensure your progress and stability.
- In addition to one-on-one counseling and group sessions, we also offer fun, recovery-based games to stimulate your brain while simultaneously promoting addiction education.
- Our on-site professional chefs provide delicious gourmet meals three times a day, and if you’re hungry throughout the day, we offer fruit trays and snacks. We’ll also address any dietary needs.
- Our amenity-rich environment includes posturepedic beds, comfortable couches, big screen TV’s (including premium channels), and an outdoor patio space exposing our patients to Southern California’s beautiful tropical setting.
- Because cleanliness goes hand-in-hand with recovery, we keep a housekeeper on staff to wash your sheets and clothes.
- We allow smoking and vaping in designated areas.
While withdrawal symptoms can be difficult, your comfort and safety are our main concerns. Our qualified staff will monitor you throughout your detox, ensuring that you’ll have the time space, and medication needed necessary to get through the process safely.
Don’t fight withdrawal symptoms alone. If you’re ready to start the recovery process, call us now at (855) 737-7363. Together, we can overcome your addiction.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEDICAL DETOX & NEW START DETOX?
Withdrawal symptoms can be reduced and managed safely with the support of a medical detox center. Medical detox takes place in a hospital setting, with medical staff on-site 24-hours a day, and is reserved for patients who are physically compromised and require constant monitoring for life-threatening conditions. New Start’s detox program also has 24-hour supportive services, with 24-hour observation and support by a trained on-site detox team. For most patients, New Start Detox’s detox is just as safe as a medical detox facility. If a potential client’s physical state raises red flags during New Start’s careful intake process, we will recommend medical detox in a hospital setting prior to admission into our sub-acute detox center. We encourage you to contact us if you have questions regarding this process.
When an individual who is chemically dependent suddenly stops using, the brain and body can react with shakiness, dizziness, fever, nausea or seizures. The progress made in addiction treatment begins with first addressing the physical withdrawal symptoms. In most cases, withdrawal symptoms will occur within 48 to 72 hours and can take roughly a week to stabilize. At New Start, assistance is available 24/7, and depending on the client’s medical, drug and alcohol history, counter-indicative medications may be prescribed to help diminish symptoms. One of the common characteristics of addicts is the tendency to have not appropriately cared for overall health and well-being. Much of detox involves adjusting to life without addictive substances, and re-learning self-care. Rest and proper nutrition are essential in the first few days, and as strength and balance begin to return, the opportunity to identify and treat the sources of addictive behavior becomes possible.
ABOUT OUR DETOX CENTER
It’s not uncommon to feel overwhelmed when deciding to ask for help with addiction. This is a life changing decision, and if you’re contemplating whether you or a loved one may require help with an alcohol or drug dependency, it’s important to understand the resources available. One of the benefits of residential detox at Orange County’s New Start Detox is that we customize your personal treatment plan to suit your particular situation. Every patient is different and will have different needs. People use substances for a variety of reasons and deciding to be free of addiction entails evaluating changes which can be made to prevent relapse in the future. Our detox program helps individuals suffering from chemical dependency the critical time necessary to begin identifying the causes behind addictive behavior. We provide a high quality of care, and a stress free, safe and comfortable environment. The support of our clinical staff, one-on-one counseling in addition to group sessions, outside activity and a quality on-site chef ensure the highest level of commitment and care.